This article contains episode summaries for the second season of Desperate Housewives.
- 1 Season Summary
- 2 Episode Summaries
- 2.1 Next
- 2.2 You Could Drive a Person Crazy
- 2.3 You'll Never Get Away From Me
- 2.4 My Heart Belongs to Daddy
- 2.5 They Asked Me Why I Believe in You
- 2.6 I Wish I Could Forget You
- 2.7 Color and Light
- 2.8 The Sun Won't Set
- 2.9 That's Good, That's Bad
- 2.10 Coming Home
- 2.11 One More Kiss
- 2.12 We're Gonna Be All Right
- 2.13 There's Something About a War
- 2.14 Silly People
- 2.15 Thank You So Much
- 2.16 There is No Other Way
- 2.17 Could I Leave You?
- 2.18 Everybody Says Don't
- 2.19 Don't Look at Me
- 2.20 It Wasn’t Meant to Happen
- 2.21 I Know Things Now
- 2.22 No One is Alone
- 2.23 Remember, Part 1
- 2.24 Remember, Part 2
- 3 Notes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 See Also
In the U.S., original episodes of the second season aired between September 25, 2005 and May 21, 2006.
- Teri Hatcher - Susan Mayer (24/24)
- Felicity Huffman - Lynette Scavo (24/24)
- Marcia Cross - Bree Van de Kamp (24/24)
- Eva Longoria - Gabrielle Solis (24/24)
- Nicollette Sheridan - Edie Britt (18/24)
- Alfre Woodard - Betty Applewhite (17/24)
- Ricardo Antonio Chavira - Carlos Solis (23/24)
- Mark Moses - Paul Young (11/24)*
- Andrea Bowen - Julie Mayer (18/24)
- Doug Savant - Tom Scavo (19/24)
- Cody Kasch - Zach Young (11/24)*
- Richard Burgi - Karl Mayer (15/24)
- Brenda Strong - Mary Alice Young (24/24)**
- and James Denton - Mike Delfino (21/24)
*Only featured in 10 episodes in original U.S. broadcast.
**Receives the "with" credit in the episodes that don't feature the full credits sequence.
- Shawn Pyfrom - Andrew Van de Kamp (11/24)
- Joy Lauren - Danielle Van de Kamp (14/24)
- Mehcad Brooks - Matthew Applewhite (17/24)
- Brent Kinsman - Preston Scavo (12/24)
- Shane Kinsman - Porter Scavo (13/24)
- Zane Huett - Parker Scavo (14/24)
- Page Kennedy - Caleb Applewhite (3/24)*
- NaShawn Kearse - Caleb Applewhite (10/24)** ***
- Roger Bart - George Williams (8/24)****
Recurring Guest Stars
- Currie Graham - Ed Ferrara (8/24)
- Harriet Sansom Harris - Felicia Tilman (8/24)
- Jay Harrington - Dr. Ron McCready (7/24)*
- Gwendoline Yeo - Xiao-Mei (7/24)
- Ryan Carnes - Justin (6/24)
- Kathryn Joosten - Karen McCluskey (6/24)
- Charlie Babcock - Stu Durber (5/24)
- Pat Crawford Brown - Ida Greenberg (5/24)
- Joely Fisher - Nina Fletcher (5/24)
- Kurt Fuller - Detective Barton (5/24)
- Bob Gunton - Noah Taylor (5/24)
- Alejandro Patino - Ralph (5/24)
- Lee Tergesen - Peter McMillan (5/24)
- Kyle MacLachlan - Orson Hodge (4/24)
- Jill Brennan - Tish Atherton (3/24)**
- Nick Chinlund - Detective Sullivan (3/24)
- Jeff Doucette - Father Crowley (3/24)
- Shirley Knight - Phyllis Van de Kamp (3/24)
- Sam Lloyd - Dr. Albert Goldfine (3/24)
- Jesse Metcalfe - John Rowland (3/24)
- Betty Murphy - Alberta Fromme (3/24)
- Steven Culp - Rex Van de Kamp (2/24)
- Kiersten Warren - Nora Huntington (2/24)
- Lesley Ann Warren - Sophie Bremmer (2/24)
- Terry Bozeman - Dr. Lee Craig (1/24)
- Maria Cominis - Mona Clarke (1/24)
- Alec Mapa - Vern (1/24)
- Dakin Matthews - Reverend Sikes (1/24)
Main Plot Points
- Susan's on-again/off-again relationship with Mike and the effects of her ex-husband Karl moving in with Edie.
- Gabrielle's husband being placed in jail, her unwanted pregnancy and her subsequent desire to have children.
- Lynette's return to work and the effects it has on her home life.
- Bree's coping with being a widow, dating George and being the recipient of her son's vengeful ways.
- Betty's need to protect her son and her family's secrets whilst adjusting to her new life on the lane.
- The Young family's pursuit of a normal life, free of secrets and mysteries, and Felicia's quest for revenge.
|01||"Next"||09||"That's Good, That's Bad"||17||"Could I Leave You?"|
|02||"You Could Drive a Person Crazy"||10||"Coming Home"||18||"Everybody Says Don't"|
|03||"You'll Never Get Away From Me"||11||"One More Kiss"||19||"Don't Look at Me"|
|04||"My Heart Belongs to Daddy"||12||"We're Gonna Be All Right"||20||"It Wasn't Meant to Happen"|
|05||"They Asked Me Why I Believe in You"||13||"There's Something About a War"||21||"I Know Things Now"|
|06||"I Wish I Could Forget You"||14||"Silly People"||22||"No One is Alone"|
|07||"Color and Light"||15||"Thank You So Much"||23||"Remember, Part 1"|
|08||"The Sun Won't Set"||16||"There is No Other Way"||24||"Remember, Part 2"|
You Could Drive a Person Crazy
You'll Never Get Away From Me
My Heart Belongs to Daddy
They Asked Me Why I Believe in You
I Wish I Could Forget You
Color and Light
The Sun Won't Set
That's Good, That's Bad
One More Kiss
We're Gonna Be All Right
There's Something About a War
Thank You So Much
There is No Other Way
Could I Leave You?
Everybody Says Don't
Don't Look at Me
It Wasn’t Meant to Happen
I Know Things Now
No One is Alone
Remember, Part 1
Remember, Part 2
- The characters of Susan Mayer, Lynette Scavo, Bree Van de Kamp and Gabrielle Solis are the only ones to be physically seen in every single episode of the season. In addition to them, Mary Alice Young provides voice-overs in all 24 episodes, and is physically seen in 3 of them.
- This is the only season to feature the characters of Betty Applewhite, Karl Mayer, Matthew Applewhite, Caleb Applewhite and George Williams as series regulars. It is also the last season to feature Zach Young as a regular.
- Marc Cherry expressed that this season was not well planned out and therefore considers it the show's worst season.