"Suspicious Minds" was the 9th episode of Season 1. It originally aired in the United States on Sunday December 12, 2004.
Gabrielle decides to run a fashion show showcasing the women of Wisteria Lane for charity. Edie is worried about Mrs. Huber when she fails to show up for the dress fitting. Paul buries Mrs. Huber, whom he murdered in the previous episode, along with the blender which she had stolen from his family in the first episode. Lynette decides to poach a nanny when she feels that the work is too much for her. Bree catches Andrew smoking marijuana and when Rex refuses to side with her, she anonymously reports Andrew to the school and thereby gets his locker searched. Andrew is punished by being thrown off of the swim team which was Bree's actual intent. Susan catches Gabrielle and John playing footsie. After Helen, John's mother, overhears John tell a friend about his affair with a married woman and then sees Susan talking with John, she believes that Susan is sleeping with John. Susan is then humiliated by Helen at the fashion show where she destroys her dress and creates a scene. Susan warns Gabrielle to come clean about her affair to Helen. When Gabrielle does, Helen threatens her. Police investigate a trunk found in Rockwater Lake with a woman's cut up body inside. Susan's daughter, Julie, is confronted by Zach's father, Paul, after Zach runs away from Silvercrest and Julie's correspondence to Zach is found. Julie lies to Paul, and her mother Susan, and says she doesn't know where Zach is although she has been harboring him, resulting in a new teen romance. Gabrielle decides that she'd better tell Carlos of her affair with John before Helen does but cannot bring herself to do it. When the police arrive at Gabrielle's door she believes they are there to arrest her for the illegal affair, but they arrest Carlos instead, who says "Tanaka set me up".
- Although credited, Mike Delfino (James Denton) does not appear in this episode.
- "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder is played during the fashion show.
- This is the first episode in which Edie (Nicollette Sheridan) appears in the same scene as Bree (Marcia Cross), Lynette (Felicity Huffman) and Gabrielle (Eva Longoria).
- The episode title Suspicious Minds is taken from a song by Elvis Presley.
- If John's mother really wanted to humiliated Susan, John's mom could just made sure Susan's dress was ripped enough to fall down. Yikes Susan would not forget it.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Suspicious_Minds_(Desperate_Housewives_episode). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Wiksteria Lane, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|