The Desperate Housewives Cookbook: Juicy Dishes and Saucy Bits
- Recipes by Christopher Styler
- Text by Scott S. Tobis
- ISBN 9781401302771; ISBN10: 1401302777; Format: Hardback; Trimsize: 257 x 208 x 24 mm; Pages: 288
About the book
Tune in to ABCs monster hit Desperate Housewives on any given Sunday night, and you'll salivate over everything from Brees ber-gourmet repasts to Susans whats-a-spatula simple suppers. They may have wildly different personalities and story lines, but if there's one thing the four heroines have in common, its food. In The Desperate Housewives Cookbook, the shows millions of fans will find recipes for all the foods made famous by the show, as well as many others inspired by each housewife. For example:
- Bree's elegant, impressive dinners feature dishes like Basil Pure Soup, Braised Duck, and Chicken Cutlets Saltimbocca.
- Lynette's time-challenged lifestyle leads to quick, healthy, everyday fare like French Toast for Breakfast (or Dinner) with Blueberry Syrup; Warm Turkey, Muenster, and Coleslaw Wraps; and Potato Casserole.
- Susan's lack of kitchen skills means that her dishes are of the couldn't-be-simpler (but still mouthwatering) variety, like a Salad of Roasted Peppers, Fresh Mozzarella, and Arugula; Foolproof Macaroni and Cheese; Chocolate Butterscotch Bars; and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Gabrielle enjoys the finest things in life—and food is no exception. Her meals are gourmet, and most definitely prepared by a personal chef. Her faves include Shrimp with Chorizo and Red Pepper, Guacamole with Warm Chips, and Pineapple-Peach Smoothies.
- Edie uses food for seduction as much as for sustenance. Her sensual favorites include Oysters Poached in Champagne and Cream, Sausage Puttanesca, and Ambrosia.